the Vagabonds of the Defias Brotherhood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Vagabonds of the Defias Brotherhood

-guild forum-

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Growth

Go down 
+6
Derithor
Jial
Yuber3
hitter
Eldu
Lyta
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyta
Admin
Lyta

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-01-29

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Growth   Growth Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 1:16 pm

SO!

Raiding over rp, rp over raiding.

We are growing. And maybe to fast. what concerns do you currently have about the guild, its goals, members / classes etc etc.

Mself I find the quickly rising size to be scary, i want to make sure that everyone is on the same page. So voice yourself! Smile

*the end*

Last edited by on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eldu

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Concerns   Growth Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 2:14 pm

*Shrgus* It's good that we're expanding, only concern I have now is that we'll turn into a raiding guild. I joined this as a RPing guild and just a laid back guild overall.
Let's keep it that way. afro
Back to top Go down
hitter

hitter

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-02-06

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth   Growth Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 3:58 pm

well i dont want any hardcore raiding almost think the kara runs takes up to much time but i like to get some heroic runs going and some kara raiding but at a fair lvl not to intence and rp well i still dont know anything about it hehe cry... but im in this guild becuse of the ppl for all the fun we have we have lovley ppl in the guild and if we get more nice ppl i cant see anything bad in that but before inviting ppl we maybe should check with the others first so it aint any bad air between the curent members and the ones who wants to join...now i write to much agian hehe sry Razz but as long as e have fun im in =)) kkthxbb

Basketball
Back to top Go down
Yuber3

Yuber3

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth   Growth Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 9:24 pm

I think that Vagabonds has continously worked for quality over quantity.
We should see this as a strength and invite only people we can trust aswell as rely on to be good players. This should form a base from which eventual raiding will flow naturally.

Should we need to limit our size i'd suggest seeking cooperation with friendly guilds, the seraphsong comes to mind. Raiding alliances have proved to work in the past.

-Yuber
Back to top Go down
Jial

Jial

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-02-27

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth   Growth Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 7:56 pm

Hello,

Great to see a topic like this where people can give there opinion about Vagabonds as a guild. And well, here“s mine:

I think that the growth your all talking about is great, and when I joined you I was told that there were alot of nice people in Vagabonds, wich is totally true Smile
Offcourse, I got some things I dont really like. Since I was also told that you guys were active in Karazhan and doing raids and all. As till this moment, I only see two people who actually get to raid, thats Hitter and Wulfgau... As being a serious player myself, thats not really fun to watch.

The Alliance we have going with some other guilds are really nice and stuff, but just for two people, there must and should be put some effort into that to get us all going in raids.

Thats for the raiding part, theres also the RP part offcourse.
Im not a real RPer myself, infact, I just RPed verry briefly for the first time with Lyta and Serpoth about some Leatherworking I needed done while they were RPing. I like the fact that some people actually enjoy RPing, and that they get all freedom in doing so is an absolute plus.

So to put it all in one sentence:
The layedback and relaxed atmosphere in Vagabonds is something I really like, but there is alot to be done on the raiding part. Wich I most certainly think more people agree on.

Greetings,

Jial
Back to top Go down
Derithor

Derithor

Number of posts : 107

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth   Growth Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 3:06 pm

I think what we have at the moment is fine, several members in the guild are Roleplaying alot with each other and several members are doing alot of instances and even karazhan together.

Both of these things can help build a healthy bond between players in the guild, my only fear is that these people will eventually begin to grow apart from the rest of the guild.

Perhaps another guild meeting soon for the RPers, and an organised Dungeon on heroic mode or something for those who prefer to do dungeons might help

my two cents
Deri
Back to top Go down
Palii

Palii

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-02-07

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth   Growth Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 3:16 pm

I think we should continue with our laid-back not so, Raid-ish way.

First of all, all the hardcore raiding guilds WILL, get mad at eachother and kill eachother (examples are TAW, Kaos Legion so on so fourth)

But some raiding would be fun, maybe once a week tops?
cyclops Just my opinion.

tongue
Back to top Go down
Seproth
Admin
Seproth

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2007-02-27

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth   Growth Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 1:26 am

hmm... I've been through a few guild's not only on this server, and things that has been repeated over and over is that the guilds who grow, has it limits and all of a sudden might grow TOO rapidly. People don't get to know eachother, people joined just because they heard we were "cool" then they don't like what they see and say "omgn00bguild" will just be painfull so..yeh..Let's set things on a cooldown and focus on the members we have, and possibly a few more... Like healers. Wink

Concidering the Raid\RP topic (note, there are never any issues with PvE because everyone 's got to do it one time or another). I believe that we should keep RP to RP and Raids to Raids. By saying this I mean, that people shouldn't dissapear for "IC reasons" in raids, doing a long convercation, or walk (literally, walk) in the background talking to eachother while the rest is trying to get through what they came there for.

That thing also reverses back to keep RP to RP. As Jial said, there are quite a few here who appreciates RP for what it is worth, me being one, and when I'm doing a really cool session, the last thing I want to be concerned about is that I should feel guilty because people complains in Gchat that "rp can wait" or some other silly reason. That goes for whispers aswell. If someone said "no, we don't want to right now" it will only annoy the person in question, to keep nagging them untill they either give in or ignore it.

I guess that's my two cents right now =) Hope it was useful ^^
-Sep
Back to top Go down
http://ezekiel1986.deviantart.com/
Corey

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-03-04

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth   Growth Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 1:18 pm

I must say that I miss raiding a lot. RP is good, I RP a lot, but I still miss raiding. The people in here are great, and I have fun chatting with you all, but I wish that we could do more together than chatting, to be honest. Events, Heroic instances, Raiding. I have to agree with Jial, I only see like 2-3 people raiding in the guild and I must say that it bothers me some.

The reason why I even began to play on a RP server was, and is the choice you have to not just do 1 thing like raiding 24/7, we always have more options here, like if we don't want to PvP/Raid, we can RP. But too much of one and lack of the other is what I feel now. Would be great if we could actually put up some effort and try to raid, as well as we do RP and PvP.
Back to top Go down
Ashona

Ashona

Number of posts : 29

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Raids   Growth Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 12:34 pm

Since i noticed that alot of you are very fond of raids and such, please have in mind not all like raids and are more pvp'ish, so please dont leave pvp'ers out in the dark :-)... forunately havent happent yet but please have it in mind .-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Growth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Growth   Growth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Growth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Vagabonds of the Defias Brotherhood :: General :: General stuff-
Jump to: